Storm Preparation with Powermate
With extreme weather events on the rise across the country, you never know what Mother Nature will have in store. Millions of people are left without power each year due to heavy wind and rain that damages power line infrastructures. Power outages can happen when you least expect it, having a large impact on your home and daily routine.
This is why Powermate wants to be your storm preparedness partner. We offer a lineup of portable generators that can help you to weather any storm. When you’re prepared with portable power from a Powermate generator, you can be ready at a moment’s notice for outages.
Advantages of Powermate Portable Generators:
- Utilize consistent power for multiple applications
- Hassle-free startup
- Ultra-quiet performance
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Impressive run time – up to 21 hours
- Easy to store and low maintenance
- COsense® Technology protects against hazardous carbon monoxide
Don’t wait for the next storm warning to decide it is time to prepare your home. Plan ahead time so you can be ready. Powermate is here to keep your appliances running during emergency situations. Explore the lineup (hyperlink to Portable Generator PLP) to choose the size and type of generator that best serves your needs. It’s time to weather the next storm with reliable, portable power. Review the checklist below to ensure you’re fully prepared for emergencies.
Storm Preparedness Checklist:
- Create an emergency backup power plan for the possibility of extended outages
- Create an emergency evacuation plan
- Talk to your family about a safe location in your home for waiting out a severe storm
- Familiarize yourself with how to safely operate a generator – keeping it the recommended distance from livable space when in operation, and in a highly ventilated area
- Check your yard for safety hazards – put away equipment and secure lawn furniture and plants that could be damaged by heavy winds
- Have an emergency supply kit ready with snacks, drinking water, first aid supplies, flashlights and batteries.
- Fill gas cans and have them ready to power your portable generator
- Make sure cellphones and electronics are fully charged ahead of time
- Plan ahead when it comes to getting last minute food supplies, as everyone will likely be grabbing last minute items at the same time
- Stay alert and informed about rapidly changing weather conditions, especially when a storm watch transitions into a storm warning in your area